slo’s MONDAY 4/29 poll - Buying Clothes On Amazon 👚👖

Buying clothes on Amazon - Do you buy them & Who are they for? (m.c.)

• I buy clothes on Amazon often

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • I buy clothes on Amazon once in awhile

Votes: 38 33.6%
  • I buy clothes on Amazon rarely

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • I never buy clothes on Amazon

Votes: 26 23.0%
  • I buy women’s clothes

Votes: 52 46.0%
  • I buy men’s clothes

Votes: 34 30.1%
  • I buy children’s clothes

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • I buy for me

Votes: 56 49.6%
  • I buy for someone else

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
Have never bought clothes online from Amazon or anywhere else. Usually have to see the fabric to see if it something I like. Buy a lot of other products online that are hard to find in local stores or just more convenient. Walmart has a great website and their prices are often better for the same item. Good to check around online and price shop since Amazon tends to be more expensive than many other sites.

Amazon 'customer service' seems designed to make asking a question as difficult as possible to discourage you from asking. Ordered ONE set of 8 steak knives and instead received THREE boxes (24 knives!!!)..............had an awful time find out exactly how to go about returning the extras I hadn't paid for and didn't want/need. A few times tried asking a question in their chat feature and the person clearly couldn't speak English since the answers they gave had nothing to do with my question. Ended up buying that product on some other site.

Most of my clothes currently came from Amazon. From socks, bras and undies to jeans, slacks and T-shirt’s & blouses. Even my shoes come from Amazon. Yes there is risk that something may not fit right but it is fairly easy and free to do returns.

Other - I used to buy clothes on Amazon, but now I've stopped. It was easy, but the quality of the fabrics is so disappointing. I was getting so sick and tired of clothing pilling and fading after the first wash.

I've started mostly buying clothes from Macy's, JC Penney, Kohl's, Talbots and Lilly Pulitzer.

Amazon is great for essentials like leggings, racer tops, etc.
Currently looking for sheer socks and perusing their selections. Finding prices better than many other sites just hope the quality is worthwhile:

1714397950581.jpeg

but the quality of the fabrics is so disappointing. I was getting so sick and tired of clothing pilling and fading after the first wash.
It annoys me that many clothing vendors neglect to include fabric content and fiber percentages. Not just Amazon that does this but it’s a worrying trend and accounts for my purchasing online apparel predominately from known companies.

From Amazon, yes. For clothing, Sebago deck shoes and compression socks. For other purchases, most everything. My other main online clothing go-tos are LL Bean, Lands End and DXL. All are great if there is a return, especially Amazon, flawless customer service, where they built their following and reputation.

I've had some quality issues with some of the less expensive clothing on Amazon, so I tend to avoid those now. However, I just bought some great merino wool t-shirts there that I like better and were less expensive than Icebreaker and SmartWool shirts that I've bought, and Amazon is great for discounted basics like bras.

Yes, I buy clothes from Amazon sometimes. For myself and for DH. I bought wedding clothes most recently, for two family weddings last fall. A pants set for our daughter’s wedding, and a long dress for our oldest granddaughter’s wedding. Also shoes to go with both outfits. I bought two of each in different sizes, and returned the ones that didn’t fit. We have a UPS store nearby that takes Amazon returns, very easy to return things.

Last edited:
Hope springs eternal. The Chinese manufacturers' definition of "plus size" and mine are completely different. I'm a solid 2X/3X and even when I order 5X they're too small.

But I do try sometimes. Tee shirts (men's) are usually pretty true to size.

I know I purchased shoes through Amazon some years back. I have purchased clothing online from other places. In general clothing sizes are really hit or miss these days. I have received two of the exact same item, just in different colors, and one can be fine and the other unwearable.

I usually just buy dri fit or soccer jerseys on Amazon if I am looking for a specific color. Usually reasonably priced and can find the more obscure colors

My teens do most of their clothes shopping online. Either Amazon, shein, temu or wherever. They’ll text me a link to their cart with a message “can you buy these for me please” or they add the things they want to my Amazon cart and text me “I put some things in the Amazon cart can you buy them” lol. It’s actually a lot easier then going shopping and usually cheaper. Even my littlest guy looks at toys on Amazon and adds things to the cart lol. One day there probably won’t be any more brick and mortar stores.

I have bought some clothes from Amazon. Especially t-shirts and tank tops for Disney. I had bought a dress last year on Amazon and actually wore it to my niece's bridal shower this past weekend and got a ton of compliments on it and most were surprised when I said it was from Amazon. I have had to return some of the clothes, but it was easy returning them to Kohls or whole Foods since both are close to me.

I rarely buy clothes on Amazon. I have a difficult-to-fit-off-the-rack figure, so I usually buy from companies that I am familiar with already. One of those companies does also sell through Amazon so I have occasionally bought there if the price is better, which sometimes happens due to free Amazon shipping.

I absolutely detest returning items, so I am not going to gamble on something I am not sure will fit.

Have never bought clothes online from Amazon or anywhere else. Usually have to see the fabric to see if it something I like. Buy a lot of other products online that are hard to find in local stores or just more convenient. Walmart has a great website and their prices are often better for the same item. Good to check around online and price shop since Amazon tends to be more expensive than many other sites.

Amazon 'customer service' seems designed to make asking a question as difficult as possible to discourage you from asking. Ordered ONE set of 8 steak knives and instead received THREE boxes (24 knives!!!)..............had an awful time find out exactly how to go about returning the extras I hadn't paid for and didn't want/need. A few times tried asking a question in their chat feature and the person clearly couldn't speak English since the answers they gave had nothing to do with my question. Ended up buying that product on some other site.
Usually Amazon will say just keep them. I’m a very frequent Amazon shopper and have had very little customer service issues.

I'm very selective of what I clothing I purchase on Amazon or anywhere online. I do find Amazon to be much easier to deal with when it comes to returns. I do like how Amazon started putting in disclaimers if an item is more frequently returned, for clothing that's largely going to be Asian sizing issues or quality issues from what clothing I've looked at. I also stay clear of low rated (meaning not enough reviews/ratings) clothing items or items rated below 4 (that is iffy for me to go below 4). I look for items that have enough pictures plus recent reviews.

I did buy 2 dresses last year on Amazon that I really like one short sleeve one 3/4 sleeve same dress just different pattern and sleeve length both fit well but even then I had bought a particular pattern for the 3/4 sleeve that looked awful on my body type so I returned it and waited til it went back on sale to purchase a safer (as in more likely to be flattering) pattern.

I will not purchase jeans online, it's too difficult in person to begin with.

Last edited:
We buy some of our grandchildrens clothes on Amazon. My daughter and daughter in law send us links for clothes they’d like for birthdays and Christmas and we buy those. Sometimes my wife will get adventurous and buy some she might see while playing around on Amazon.

I buy other things from Amazon. Never clothes. Even though I see some pretty fashions I can't seem to find elsewhere, I'm worried they will be cheap, fast fashion that will fall apart at the seams even before the first wash. And of course, the sizing may be off, then I have to return them.

I also don't like very thin fabrics. I prefer to look and feel the clothes in person to check out the quality.

It annoys me that many clothing vendors neglect to include fabric content and fiber percentages. Not just Amazon that does this but it’s a worrying trend and accounts for my purchasing online apparel predominately from known companies.

YES! Me too. I usually wear almost all cotton. I can't stand the shine polyester has. I avoid it like the plague, no matter how pretty the style is. :crazy2:

Unfortunately, many online stores do not list the fiber content of an item, so I won't buy something I see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter