Arrival Day - EEH or relax at resort

Im with the relax unwind people. We often go for 9 or 10 days and that affords us with no stress travel. You have 14. Plenty of time. Your trip sounds great. The Poly is beautiful. Your plan sounds excellent! Go sit on the beach with your drinks!!

With not arriving at your resort until 6PMish having been up since 5AM, settle in, wander your resort and relax. Possibly ride the monorail loop to check out the view of the MK but then take it easy and slide into your trip.

Another vote for staying in and relaxing/ enjoy Resort. It'll set you up to enjoy rest of your trip more!

We have a pretty short trip to WDW (a little over 2 hours by plane). But I find travel day to be exhausting and I am always glad when I keep our plans simple on arrival day. A nice dinner (preferably at our resort) is about as ambitious as I get anymore! :blush: We used to go to a theme park when our kids were younger and still sometimes do that when traveling with their kids. :goodvibes . But when they spot the pool, they often will opt for that instead. I envy their energy! :oops:

Another option would be to go to Disney Springs on arrival day. There are lots of great places to eat and a lot of entertainment. I heard that they have some shopping too. :)

We usually hit a park on our first day--but ours is only a 2 1/2 hour flight within the same time zone.

Thanks all! Super excited, our Poly reservation has been confirmed :hyper: We have a lake view room, so will even consider just watching the fireworks from our room if the view is good enough!

Don't mind the idea of taking a walk to the GF, riding a loop on the monorail or taking a boat across the lake, but not keen on having to deal with buses that night! I did actually consider staying at a Disney Springs area resort for those first few nights instead, then we could have taken the boat to Disney Springs on that first night (and it would have been about half the price lol!). But fireworks won out 😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter