slo’s THURSDAY 5/16 poll - Running/Walking Races 🏃🏃🏼‍♀️🏃‍♂️

Running/Walking Races - Have you done any & Which type have you done? (m.c.)

• Yes - I’ve participated in runs

Votes: 34 46.6%
  • No - I’ve not participated in runs

Votes: 36 49.3%
  • No - I’ve not participated in runs, and I want to

Votes: 1 1.4%

Votes: 33 45.2%

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Half Marathon

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Full Marathon

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Virtual

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • BONUS - I’ve participated in a Disney Run

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters
Where’s the just “No” choice? 😜
Even when I wasn’t in this stupid wheelchair I’d no use for racing either walking or running.
I’d hike or window shop for hours cause I didn’t feel like I was exercising; just using what G-d gave me.
Oh and I loved long distance cycling for many decades. That was as close to being physically competitive as I got.

I haven't done an in-person race since middle school, but I've done several virtual events over the past few years.

No running here. I have always hated running and tell people if I am running that they should probably run too because something big and scary is probably chasing me!

But I do the CHOC Walk the Park at Disneyland every year. It is a 5K walk and raises money for a great cause. I get out walking daily anyway so 3 miles is really nothing for that walk anyway.

Hate running. Haven't done it since the track and field unit in PE in High School 50 years ago. And amazingly, haven't had shine splints since then. Our track was hard pan dirt, although we also ran on the blacktop. Now the schools here all have super soft rubber tracks, our tax dollars at work.

I ran a 5k in town, showed up with my kids to support and someone had an extra tag so I ditched my kids and ran. My 23 year old runs several half marathons a year (ran xc/track in HS and club in college), my 21 year old runs 5 miles and is signed up for a 10 mile (ran track in HS plus soccer). Ds21 just runs for exercise. My niece has run a few marathons, recently Boston, NYC last year.

I run whatever race distance after I swim then bike whatever their distance is for a race. Usually I swim 1.2 miles. then bike 56, before running 13.1

No races ever. I run about 5 times a week. I definitely don’t want to ruin the joy of running. I am not fast and I am old.

I run intervals over a distance of 5k most days.

I have run organized 5k, 10k, and half marathons.

I have run a Disney half marathon and the Castaway Cay 5k.

I've never been a runner (I was a swimmer in high school and briefly in college), but there's a couple charities that we support by doing their 5K most years, so I think I've done 6 or 7 in the last few years. Never with any training nor any expectation of a fast time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter