Tiana’s Bayou AP Preview?

Soft opening as in pulled guests from the park at random times?
Soft opening as in it was open from March 20 - April 2, but not always all day (and often at random times). It then officially opened on April 4. This was a very large scale soft opening, but I had clients who got to ride Flight of Passage before it officially opened to the public and there were reports of people getting pulled to ride Rise of the Resistance too (those were on a much smaller scale).

I think that was one of the goals doing it this way - besides it being very simple to implement with a VQ system with virtually no planning, excess CMs etc.
Oh, no doubt that it's less effort on Disney's part, just like it's too much effort for them to mail magnets to all of their passholders. I'm happy for the so called "undesirables" to be getting their shot and my wallet is thanking Disney for making another impromptu WDW trip this year unfeasible.

Stupid question and apologize if it was already answered. we will be back at WDW in Feb 2025, just trying to obtain more info

1. will Tiana be like Tron and GOG, with a VQ and ILL??
2. If Tiana will have ILL, does that mean seven dwarf mine train will not have ILL anymore (just Tron and Tiana)?
3. Any rumors about tron ending VQ anytime soon?

Thank you

Stupid question and apologize if it was already answered. we will be back at WDW in Feb 2025, just trying to obtain more info

2. If Tiana will have ILL, does that mean seven dwarf mine train will not have ILL anymore (just Tron and Tiana)?

Thank you
Per DISNEY

1. Drop on in-to virtual queue…

When Tiana’s Bayou Adventure opens on June 28, it will use a virtual queue. Guests can request to join the virtual queue via the My Disney Experience app at one of two times: 7 a.m. or 1 p.m. While a standby queue will not be available during the attraction’s initial opening days, we expect to open a standby queue soon after the attraction’s opening.

Visit disneyworld.com/virtualqueue for more details about how virtual queues at Disney World work and what you need to know before visiting Magic Kingdom.

2. … or use Disney Genie+ service.

Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will also be included as a Lightning Lane entrance in Disney Genie+ service*. Purchasing this service on the My Disney Experience app helps you get to some of your favorite attractions faster through Lightning Lane entrances and includes digital downloads of select Disney PhotoPass attraction photos taken in the park on the day of your purchase at no additional charge. Guests may check the app on the day of their visit for pricing and availability.

I doubt there will be any changes to TRON or 7DMT.

Per DISNEY

1. Drop on in-to virtual queue…

When Tiana’s Bayou Adventure opens on June 28, it will use a virtual queue. Guests can request to join the virtual queue via the My Disney Experience app at one of two times: 7 a.m. or 1 p.m. While a standby queue will not be available during the attraction’s initial opening days, we expect to open a standby queue soon after the attraction’s opening.

Visit disneyworld.com/virtualqueue for more details about how virtual queues at Disney World work and what you need to know before visiting Magic Kingdom.

2. … or use Disney Genie+ service.

Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will also be included as a Lightning Lane entrance in Disney Genie+ service*. Purchasing this service on the My Disney Experience app helps you get to some of your favorite attractions faster through Lightning Lane entrances and includes digital downloads of select Disney PhotoPass attraction photos taken in the park on the day of your purchase at no additional charge. Guests may check the app on the day of their visit for pricing and availability.

I doubt there will be any changes to TRON or 7DMT.
interesting,

Is this the first time that a new attraction goes VQ and genie plus? Usually is VQ and ILL

Oh, no doubt that it's less effort on Disney's part, just like it's too much effort for them to mail magnets to all of their passholders. I'm happy for the so called "undesirables" to be getting their shot and my wallet is thanking Disney for making another impromptu WDW trip this year unfeasible.

Okay :tilt:

For any of the AP Previews way more AP holders DO NOT get a time compared to those that do. It is not feasible to spend that many days in previews. In this instance they may have considered how many guests already have MK Park Reservations and determined it made no sense to open it up with so few reservation slots left. The VQ system works, it will work well for this. There will always be guests not happy about the process or results. You just can't make everyone happy.

NOTE: Undesirables are Disneyland locals ... not WDW. And I would guess more Orlando locals are Universal and SeaWorld AP holders than are WDW AP holders ... therefore they don't impact WDW like the locals at Disneyland do.

We are going last week of May. What are the odds that we could possibly get a random ride on TB? We are also DVC but our week at WDW doesn't line up with the reservation dates. We will just miss it! 🤦‍♀️

Yes but it’s not a new attraction. It’s the first re-themed attraction since G+ started.
I don't know - seems pretty 'new' to me. Guess it's just semantics. To me, Imagination in EPCOT has been a re-theme (a couple times). Changing Mr Toad's to Winnie the Pooh was a new attraction, Norway to Frozen - new. Splash to Tiana is going to be very different and new. Very much looking forward to it, but we'll have to wait until next year!

I'm wondering if the non-ILL designation has something to do with the ride being an outside water ride which can be impacted by the weather. Maybe it's easier to redirect G+/LL to other rides if it's shut down than it is to refund ILLs..... I don't know how often the weather impacted Splash. They clearly didn't want to change 7DMT or Tron access, so TB is going to be different.....

Does anybody here have insight on how CM previews work?
My son will be a new CM, starting 5/20 which is the day they start CM registration for the previews.
Let’s start with, will he be allowed to register?
If he is allowed, is it just him or is he allowed a guest? (I will be down there during CM previews and have MK park reservations for 3 days that overlap with the previews).

We have a flight that lands at 11:00am on our preview day. I wonder if they will be lenient with return windows if we grab a 7:00am VQ. The 1:00pm drop is going to be difficult if it is any passholder with a reservation to any park.

We have a flight that lands at 11:00am on our preview day. I wonder if they will be lenient with return windows if we grab a 7:00am VQ. The 1:00pm drop is going to be difficult if it is any passholder with a reservation to any park.
That's the one thing I don't think we'll know till it starts.
They don't really advertise that you can show up at your Guardian's VQ spot anytime after it's called. If they are going to do it for Tiana's I don't expect them to announce it. I sure hope they do, I hate having the 1 hour window.

Okay :tilt:

For any of the AP Previews way more AP holders DO NOT get a time compared to those that do. It is not feasible to spend that many days in previews. In this instance they may have considered how many guests already have MK Park Reservations and determined it made no sense to open it up with so few reservation slots left. The VQ system works, it will work well for this. There will always be guests not happy about the process or results. You just can't make everyone happy.

NOTE: Undesirables are Disneyland locals ... not WDW. And I would guess more Orlando locals are Universal and SeaWorld AP holders than are WDW AP holders ... therefore they don't impact WDW like the locals at Disneyland do.
Agreed that no decision can please everyone and like I said, I'm happy for the locals to have a go at it. I already have two WDW trips on my calendar for the fall so I'll see it eventually. Just slightly annoyed that those of us who live outside of Florida are kind of the red-headed stepchildren of the passholder family.

Agreed that no decision can please everyone and like I said, I'm happy for the locals to have a go at it. I already have two WDW trips on my calendar for the fall so I'll see it eventually. Just slightly annoyed that those of us who live outside of Florida are kind of the red-headed stepchildren of the passholder family.
As an out of state passholder I don't feel so much like a red-headed step child as I do a totally forgotten child. I think they assume AP are local. I feel like they don't even take in to consideration that folks from out of state would be an AP. That's not unique to Disney though. I feel the same with Universal.

I live outside Florida and I don't feel that way. I think Disney probably has the data that most those out of state APs do not make special trips for these type of things. I personally made it work for LAND previews but I'm not spending the money for just one ride. In this instance a retheme of a ride. I was more likely to book a trip for a last ride on something like Great Movie Ride.

While many associate Florida passholders with Orlando I will bet most do not live local and still buy hotels, food etc when they visit Disney. Disney doesn't want to alienate them as they are probably their biggest AP base. They are just trying something new that works within the park reservation system.

Last edited:
I think due summer storms the scheduled time just wasn't practical this time around, we kinda shoulda seen this coming in retrospect. It would be so much worse for us out of state APs if our preview was cancelled due to lightening and they had no time to shift us because the slots are filled and some people would have done a whole trip for nothing. This way, nothing is promised.

Thank you
Speculation is Tiana will only be VQ for the first few weeks than standby but nothing is formally announced
I don't know - seems pretty 'new' to me. Guess it's just semantics. To me, Imagination in EPCOT has been a re-theme (a couple times). Changing Mr Toad's to Winnie the Pooh was a new attraction, Norway to Frozen - new. Splash to Tiana is going to be very different and new. Very much looking forward to it, but we'll have to wait until next year!

I'm wondering if the non-ILL designation has something to do with the ride being an outside water ride which can be impacted by the weather. Maybe it's easier to redirect G+/LL to other rides if it's shut down than it is to refund ILLs..... I don't know how often the weather impacted Splash. They clearly didn't want to change 7DMT or Tron access, so TB is going to be different.....
Mine train & tron are also outdoor attractions that close a lot in summer due to storms

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter