slo’s THURSDAY 5/16 poll - Running/Walking Races 🏃🏃🏼‍♀️🏃‍♂️

Running/Walking Races - Have you done any & Which type have you done? (m.c.)

• Yes - I’ve participated in runs

Votes: 34 46.6%
  • No - I’ve not participated in runs

Votes: 36 49.3%
  • No - I’ve not participated in runs, and I want to

Votes: 1 1.4%

Votes: 33 45.2%

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Half Marathon

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Full Marathon

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Virtual

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • BONUS - I’ve participated in a Disney Run

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
My DD20 is getting the running itch and is wanting to start participating in different local runs. Her goal is to run a half marathon in a year. After the half marathon, she’s going to train for a full marathon. We were talking about this yesterday, which is what inspired this poll. So I’m curious…..

Have you participated in any runs?
If yes…..which type of run did you participate in?
(multiple choice)

*Bonus if you’ve done any Disney runs
**Double Bonus if you’ve done The Dopey Challenge at WDW

For Me……I have participated in some 5Ks and also 2 half marathons. I need to have both knees replaced, so half marathons are not in my future, but I can still do 5Ks (I do a 5K a few days a week on the treadmill) and I think my knees can push through a 10k - they’ll be angry afterwards, but I think it can happen. With my DD20 wanting to do these races, I’m going to want to do them with her (she’ll be a lot faster than me, but that’s ok) - it’ll be a fun thing for us to do together. For the half marathon, I’ll just cheer from the sideline.
IMG_1701.png

I used to run. It began when my oldest daughter asked me to join her when she had to train for a one mile run in high school. She did her run and quit. I continued to run for about ten years. My sister and other daughter joined me for many races. They were a lot of fun. I mostly did 5K races. But I also ran in two half marathons and several 10K races.

My sister and I ran in the Disney half-marathon. My husband and I ran in a Disney 5K fun run. I wish I hadn't stopped running, because it has become impossible to go back to it. :)

I just had the 10 year anniversary of my first half 2 weekends ago! That was in Pittsburgh and it's so hilly. Never again here! I've done a few mud runs that were 5ks with obstacles, too. I did the Princess Challenge in 2020 at WDW right before Covid (5k, 10k, and half in one weekend) and I loved it! Full disclosure, I walked the entire thing. I loved it so much I signed up for Dopey for 2021 and was training when they canceled it. I stopped running at that point, but my friend still signed up for Dopey for 2022, 2023 and 2024. I had to go with her, so I walked the 5k and 10k twice and the half once. My half marathon days are now behind me, but I will still do any 5ks!

I have physical limitations that don't allow me to run or really walk comfortably so I ride a bike for a bit more low impact exercise.

I go through phases where I love distance walking and running. I've done more 5ks than I can remember, a couple of handfuls of 10ks, some oddball distances for special events, and three half marathons (unless you count training runs that also equate to the distance- or more). I've also done a number of virtual runs, especially during Covid, including a trio of Disney virtual events. I have been present for a couple of runDisney events, and participated in Marathon Week back in January of 2020. The only distance I did not run was the full marathon...although, I showed up at Animal Kingdom and got to cheer on the runners. So, technically 22.4 miles over the course of 3 days...BUT...if you've ever run at anything Disney, you know that the walk to the corrals and the walk from the finish line to the buses can add on at least another mile for each.

This is my favorite runDisney pic of me from 2020. I went with an Alice in Wonderland theme for my races. In this one, I'm something more conceptual. I'm "Painting the Roses Red."

IMG_2368.jpeg

Side note- I am SLOW!

I have never participated in a race, but I've attended plenty as a spectator. My son and several of my nieces ran cross-country and distance track in high school/college and they still participate in races for fun. I've been a spectator at many. My nieces ran the Disney half-marathon last year and had a great time. (Unfortunately, I was not able to attend THAT one!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter