ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Paul55555---$100-$17366-160-AKV-Aug-0/23, 320/24, 160/25-Splitting 2024 dues- sent 5/9
I offered on this one earlier in the week.

Best they came down to was $100pp, buyer paying closing and 24 dues.
I originally offered at 90. They countered 100. Upped mine to 95 and they wouldn't accept. Agent was nice and very fast getting my offers to seller.

I softened them up for ya it looks like. :)

Congrats.

If that loaded 170pt contract would be willing to get down to the $105pp out the door price, I'm a buyer. Oh well.

I offered on this one earlier in the week.

Best they came down to was $100pp, buyer paying closing and 24 dues.
I originally offered at 90. They countered 100. Upped mine to 95 and they wouldn't accept. Agent was nice and very fast getting my offers to seller.

I softened them up for ya it looks like. :)

Congrats.

If that loaded 170pt contract would be willing to get down to the $105pp out the door price, I'm a buyer. Oh well.
I offered on one exactly like this except Apr not Aug UY and they would not go below 115

The average is sitting around 19 days, with some outliers.
The highest in the past two months (that we're aware of/which was recorded here) was 35 days. April looks to have been trending down in average wait time.

https://www.dvcrofr.com/rofr-wait
Board sponsor is similarAVERAGE time of 22 days: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blo...il-24/?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=dvcfan

I hypothesize that they slow down ROFR if direct sales are higher because the new account team has less capacity.

I think this goes over a lot of people's heads, even folks who like the Contemporary/BLT. But part of what makes that resort special is the sense of place. It feels like classic Disney. No, there isn't a strong immersive theme of a far away place. But it's like the Disneyland Hotel at Disneyland, full of history... it was on all the promotional videos from 1971, it's got the mural by Mary Blair... it's a unique place in a classic WDW kind of way. And I just love looking at MK on one side, the iconic CR building on the other (especially when lit up at night), and in between: the monorail going by and the Seven Seas Lagoon with its ferries, making the place feel really alive.

But not everyone is a big Disney history nerd so what's lovely about DVC is that there are options for everyone.
The location is really what sold us BLT. I've told this story here before - Last year after the MK's EEH, as we were sitting on the ferry going back to TTC at 120am my husband was staring at BLT and said "wish we were staying there instead, we would be in our room by now". So that started the idea of...maybe we should put BLT on the map? Then 4 months later, we got our 1st BLT contract 😂

Last edited:
massachusetts---$100-$23531-210-BWV-Oct-13/22, 210/23, 210/24, 210/25- sent 5/14

Always loved BWV, after looking at the recent 5 year and 10 year dues history this fit our needs for an Epcot resort (VGF was the only resort with lower average (10yrs) dues increases in WDW). We already have 2024 and 2025 planned out so I will be renting out the loaded points. Basically gets us a stripped contract that reloads in 2025 for about $60/ point. I can live with that!

can you educate me? when you say the points go back into the pool for that "unit," what does that mean?
Sandi explained it very well, but to complete the explanation this refers to Residential Units, which are indeed an aspect of timeshare law. Sandi mentioned the RU in BPK, which is 101 resort studios. The RUs at other DVC resorts are much more diverse. For instance, we own 2 contracts at BWV, 150 points each. One contract comes from an RU that consists of 7 dedicated studios and 1 dedicated 1BR. The other contract comes from an RU that consists of 1 dedicated studio and 1 dedicated 1BR, and our 150 points represents a somewhat larger percentage of that RU because the RU itself is smaller. So as Sandi and others pointed out, the RU that the points in a given contract represent is something DVC has to keep track of when selling new contracts. They can change the Use Year of the points but not the RU they come from!

The location is really what sold us BLT. I've told this story here before - Last year after the MK's EEH, as we were sitting on the ferry going back to TTC at 120am my husband was staring at BLT and said "wish we were staying there instead, we would be in our room by now". So that started the idea of...maybe we should put BLT on the map? Then 4 months later, we got our 1st BLT contract 😂
We had a similar realization many years ago. Now we have two BLT contracts.

I think this'll be us this October. Doing NotSoScary for the first time with a 6 yo and all I could get was AKV (granted I got value as that's all the points I had left without borrowing anymore). I have a feeling being on the bus after midnight or thereabouts is going to make me wanna make a BLT offer on the actual busride!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter