Regional Ice Creams that you LOVE

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
Everyone (generally speaking) loves Ben and Jerries and Häagen Dazs ice creams, but often we all have a local ice cream make that blows the competition away.

For me, it's Salcombe Dairy Ice Cream, Salcombe being a small fishing town on the South Coast of England. Superb. Rare to find, but soooo worth it.

What is YOUR outta-the-park ice cream brand?

It's not a brand you can buy in the store like B&J's, but a specific ice cream stand we used to go to when I was a kid (sadly no longer there). It had black raspberry soft serve, and it was amazing!!

We had Friendly's where I grew up and their black raspberry was my favorite. Graeter's black raspberry chocolate chip is also really good if you like that flavor profile.

Like @PollyannaMom, I don't really have a specific brand, but I do have flavors. I'm a big fan of black raspberry, but my favorite ice cream flavor treat is when we head out west and I'm able to get huckleberry. I have my seasonal favorites, but it's often just whatever is offered by my store brand...as I'm probably one of the only people living in Texas that doesn't like Blue Bell.

Nothing really regional, but I love the vanilla softserve at Pizza Ranch. That + the salad bar makes for an easy dinner :)

Not sure if it counts as regional, but the grocery store chain Stop & Shop's brand of ice cream is really good.
I was going to say the same thing about Publix Premium store brand. They have a wide variety of flavors and the quality is excellent. I would choose it over most of the premium pint brands in the store.

We had Friendly's where I grew up and their black raspberry was my favorite. Graeter's black raspberry chocolate chip is also really good if you like that flavor profile.
Friendly's isn't as good as it used to be, but butter crunch is still great for nostalgia.

We have a couple local places that make their own ice cream. At one I love the coffee oreo, at another the chocolate marshmallow.

The local premium ice cream in Southwest Michigan is Hudsonville. My preference is their orange and cream swirl and during the Christmas season, their peppermint.

In Pennsylvania the fav is Ritas, Cherry is great but they also have a yum Swedish Fish and a Green Apple.... ok Mango is also really nice- just so many to love.

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 8.13.28 PM.png

Wegmans store brand is pretty good.

Being originally from PA, Turkey Hill Dairy is usually everyone's go to but I think their ice cream is gross. 🤷‍♀️

for ice cream shops, I like Handel’s and Graeter’s.
For store bought, heb creamy creations is good especially the grasshopper flavor.

For anyone in CA that had Crystal, my son reminded me of one that we had always gotten that I don't think they make anymore. Butter pecan. Anyone see that one anymore?

Shady Glen. It’s an old school type restaurant and they make their own ice cream. They sell it in at their restaurants and a handful of grocery stores in the area. If you are traveling through CT try it. They are also known for their cheeseburgers and have been featured on the Food Network. I don’t have a picture of the ice cream but this is one of their burgers.

IMG_9859.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter