Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party 2024

Anyone here not get a ticket if they are a Magic Key Holder?

I'm one now and hoping ti helps me get a ticket easier

I know a lot of Magic Key holders who did not get tickets, including my SIL and niece. It's just crazy competitive and the crashing site did not help matters last year.

But the good news is that as a Magic Key holder you get the opportunity to wait in an online queue ALL DAY LONG not once, but twice! Joking aside, you do get two chances to try for tickets with the presale and then the regular sale.

Last edited:
I know a lot of Magic Key holders who did not get tickets, including my SIL and niece. It's just crazy competitive and the crashing site did not help matters last year.

But the good news is that as a Magic Key holder you get the opportunity to wait in an online queue ALL DAY LONG not once, but twice! Joking aside, you do get two changes to try for tickets with the presale and then the regular sale.
I thought of your SIL and niece when the party dates were announced. Hoping you all get to do OBB together this year! :)

But the good news is that as a Magic Key holder you get the opportunity to wait in an online queue ALL DAY LONG not once, but twice! Joking aside, you do get two changes to try for tickets with the presale and then the regular sale.
Hopefully the sales go much more smoothly this year.

I'm a MK holder and I got a ticket last year. But it had ZERO to do with my magic key.

MK pre-sale day was a different kind of awful than the general public sales day. I got in the queue right on time and then it would say I was ready and just push me back to the main Disneyland page. And it did this all day and I never got through. (Not even with people on this board sending me their extra queues.) So I tried general public sales day and we all know that was a catastrophe.

Thankfully, the general public re-do day went much better for me and I got a ticket less than 90 minutes after entering the queue.

I hear the queue changes have been better for the more recent events, so let's hope they implemented some more changes for this year's OBB queue. I haven't even decided if I'm going yet this year, but for EVERYONE'S sake, I hope it's better.

I have so much anxiety about missing the ticket dates! We are going this year for Halloween -- SPECIFICALLY to go to Oogie Boogie Bash. I hope the process is much smoother this year -- last year was an absolute disaster and we ended up changing our trip to Christmas season. (Which was beautiful and we loved of course.)

So we are looking to go 2nd week of October specifically for the daughter to go to the oogie boogie bash. Is it that big of a cluster to get the tickets? Would it be an advantage to buy the magic key, then which one should be purchased??
Thanks

So we are looking to go 2nd week of October specifically for the daughter to go to the oogie boogie bash. Is it that big of a cluster to get the tickets? Would it be an advantage to buy the magic key, then which one should be purchased??
Thanks

No one really knows what it's going to be like to get tickets. Last year's was definitely a cluster. But there are hopes that they've made improvements to the queue for this year's ticket sales.

The only benefit that Magic Key gets for Oogie Boogie Bash tickets is there is usually a pre-sale a couple days before public sale. (Last year, it was so messy that it wasn't much of an advantage at all. Like, I have a Magic Key, and could not purchase during the pre-sale due to technical issues.) So, I wouldn't get a Magic Key unless you plan to visit the park enough to make it worthwhile. And that is something that can only be decided by you. (Check the blackout dates on each pass and the prices and see which, if any, are worthwhile for you.)

No one really knows what it's going to be like to get tickets. Last year's was definitely a cluster. But there are hopes that they've made improvements to the queue for this year's ticket sales.

The only benefit that Magic Key gets for Oogie Boogie Bash tickets is there is usually a pre-sale a couple days before public sale. (Last year, it was so messy that it wasn't much of an advantage at all. Like, I have a Magic Key, and could not purchase during the pre-sale due to technical issues.) So, I wouldn't get a Magic Key unless you plan to visit the park enough to make it worthwhile. And that is something that can only be decided by you. (Check the blackout dates on each pass and the prices and see which, if any, are worthwhile for you.)
Thank you

Thanks
Keep in mind, if you are buying the Magic Key with the goal of having access to the Magic Key Presale, it will have to be activated first - to my knowledge, the only way to activate a Magic Key is to scan it and enter the park or scan it for parking at a Disneyland parking lot. So it would require you to make a separate trip in person (not sure where you are located).

Do they allow people with existing hotel reservations earlier access to tickets? My hubby and I will be at Pixar Place from 10/2-10/5. Would love to go on the 3rd.
Thanks!

Do they allow people with existing hotel reservations earlier access to tickets? My hubby and I will be at Pixar Place from 10/2-10/5. Would love to go on the 3rd.
Thanks!
No, there is no presale for Disney hotel guests. Before last year, they used to have a very, very small number of tickets available for sale at the front desk of the Disneyland hotel (like, maybe 20 tickets), that we're available on a first come, first serve basis the morning of the party, but they didn't offer that last year.

No, there is no presale for Disney hotel guests. Before last year, they used to have a very, very small number of tickets available for sale at the front desk of the Disneyland hotel (like, maybe 20 tickets), that we're available on a first come, first serve basis the morning of the party, but they didn't offer that last year.
Thanks! I will just need to watch very closely to get the tickets. :)

I do find it disappointing they don't sell to hotel guests prior to main as most are probably coming from out of state and likely coming for the party if they can. I am really nervous about getting tickets this year as I have only been to Mickey's Halloween Party not Oogie Boogie's Bash yet and only have one date for a ticket

I do find it disappointing they don't sell to hotel guests prior to main as most are probably coming from out of state and likely coming for the party if they can. I am really nervous about getting tickets this year as I have only been to Mickey's Halloween Party not Oogie Boogie's Bash yet and only have one date for a ticket
Clearly $500+ a night isn't enough in Disney's eyes to earn a *chance* to spend another ~$150/person for a ticket.

I really really do think they should offer it, make it tied to the hotel and if you cancel the hotel booking the party ticket gets cancelled too. Then you won't have people making fake bookings just to score party tickets. They don't *need* to sell out the rooms any more, but it would be an amazing goodwill gesture to guests they know will be dropping big money (hotel, likely all their meals in the parks or downtown Disney area), probably a day in the park AND the Halloween party. It's for sure a huge amount of money and would go a really long way to take some stress off out of town guests (like myself).

That said, if every single room was booked and each room bought four tickets to the party, that could be 10k tickets a night. I have no idea the number of guests they allow in each night, but capacity of DCA is rumored at 51k, if they only allowed 40% that would be a bit over 20,000... half of which could potentially be hotel guests. That would only drive demand even higher.

The only real solution would be doing like a Sun-Thur thing where they have like 45 dates just in Sept and Oct alone... that would be 18 more days than this year and wouldn't have to bleed into Aug at all.

Halloween Horror Nights over at Universal had 38 nights last year. Knott's had 29 days... Disney has 27 with their expansion this year, and arguably has a larger appeal/potential audience

Last edited:
I’m going to dub this the ‘official’ thread to watch for OB tix announcements

We are looking at the first week available in August

My thot, other than first night possibly being crushed with influencers & media…Ala WDW, might possibly be a less in demand time? :confused3

Is this correct:

last year, magic key got presale date, it was an IT disaster

then, later, it opened to general public. Are we talking a few days, a week or what?

Is there a standard PST they tend to open the queue?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter