Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

Didn’t they recategorize a bunch of TPV rooms at BLT and Savannah rooms at AKV to standard view after people complained? How did that work?
They did, but if you read those POS documents, it doesn’t seem to have been declared the way PVB was done…I’m trying to find where I saw it.

Now that PVB tower will have different rooms and potentially different views, I can’t see DVC messing with the view for the long houses.

I never thought about the ability to reclassify those rooms. If they can do that, they absolutely should.

I would rather be in a standard view seeing the landscape than those first floor bungalow view studios. (Paying higher points for a first floor bungalow view is something I fear every time we book LV).
While they’re at it there’s one room at the end of Pago Pago you can classify as partial Fireworks View lol. Really wasn’t a bad room at all for a standard view!

Attachments

• IMG_8800.jpeg
    IMG_8800.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8810.jpeg
    IMG_8810.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 19
While they’re at it there’s one room at the end of Pago Pago you can classify as partial Fireworks View lol. Really wasn’t a bad room at all for a standard view!

And this is an example of why I don’t think they are going to try to micromanage the views in the longhouses!

What an awesome view!

Good to read this.

I believe most tower rooms should be able to see either MK fireworks (lake view rooms) or Epcot fireworks (standard/monorail view rooms).
The rooms on the Monorail side look to the southwest and west. All you'll see that way is Shades of Green and the golf courses.

tower view.jpg

The yellow arrow is pointing directly to World Showcase. There might be a handful of rooms towards the south end of the tower (that look out onto the Fiji and Aoteroa buildings), but they are still on the Seven Seas side of the tower.

Last edited:
And this is an example of why I don’t think they are going to try to micromanage the views in the longhouses!

What an awesome view!
Funny thing is I requested Tokelau with a "north facing high floor" to try to get one of the handful of partial lake view rooms. When I was assigned Pago Pago I was a little grumpy but then I realized they actually did sort of fill my request for a "north facing high floor room" which actually had a decent view of the fireworks (minus the castle). If I couldn't get one of the corner Tokelaus then this was the next best option. One of those "turns out bettr than you thought" moments. Plus the added bonus of walking 5 minutes from the TTC monorail to the front door of Pago Pago.

Was that for VDH’s initial sale? Did VDH pricing ever get better after the initial sale cycle?

Should the pricing reflect that this will not be a 50 year resort?
VDH's original member add on sale was at a base price of $230pp, with $20 off pp at 150 points or $22 off pp at 200 points. Total for 150 points - $31,500

Current incentives are actually ever so slightly cheaper. Base price is now $239pp, with $17 off at 150 points, plus an additional flat $2k off. All before MBs, of course. Total for 150 points - $31,300.

I was only using VDH (the most expensive base price) to illustrate that it isn't that hard to get to ~$200 per point with MBs, unless Disney raises the base price considerably.

For comparation, GF's initial sale was $207pp plus $10pp off at 150 points.

I'll be very curious to see if they factor in the 2066 expiration. Aulani has a 2062 expiration and its base price is the same as Riv, so I'd be surprised if Disney did, but who knows?

The rooms on the Monorail side look to the southwest and west. All you'll see that way is Shades of Green and the golf courses.

View attachment 860405

The yellow arrow is pointing directly to World Showcase. There might be a handful of rooms towards the south end of the tower (that look out onto the Fiji and Aoteroa buildings), but they are still on the Seven Seas side of the tower.
Wow, I never realized how big a curve the Polynesian resort has between the two sides.

Was that for VDH’s initial sale? Did VDH pricing ever get better after the initial sale cycle?

Should the pricing reflect that this will not be a 50 year resort?

That is the only thing that might keep the base price at $225….but, there seems to be a lot of interest, and my guess is DVD knows that…which is why I think the base will start at $239….

That is the only thing that might keep the base price at $225….but, there seems to be a lot of interest, and my guess is DVD knows that…which is why I think the base will start at $239….

I've been reading posts that indicate the recent news of tower addition to PVB being confirmed in Disney Files seems to mimic resale prices when BPK was announced for VGF. I understand tower (full room types added to studios/bungalow) is different than BPK (hotel studios added to full room type VGF), but it seems similar.

I'm not going to word this very well, but hopefully people understand what I'm trying to ask.

When BPK sales started, wasn't it similar to the tower addition in terms of far fewer years than the original VGF?
How was BPK priced compared to other resorts at the time?
Any thoughts on whether comparing BPK addition to VGF vs tower addition to PVB is reasonable?

Do you think after applying all incentives, that RIV is cheaper than the Tower during the incentive period when the Tower sales first launch? If they know the Tower will sell itself, maybe they give some help to RIV selling itself?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter