H2O Sprites @ DD? Golf Carts @ FW?

Bichon Barb

<font color=darkorchid>Mmmmm. French fries. Oh to
DH has a business meeting on Pres Day. I'm trying to decide if he should drop me and boys (7 and 9) at DD or Ft. Wilderness for a few hours. My questions:

Do you know if they have water sprite rentals at DD?

Do you know if you can rent golf carts HOURLY at Ft. Wilderness? And the cost?

Shopping is always fun, but zooming around Bay Lake on sprites and zooming around FW on golf carts sounds like fun too.

Uh oh, I just thought of something. Sprites only seat two, right? DS9 is likely too young to ride by himself?

My DS rented a golf cart for the day. I believe it was $45 - and if you brought it back late, there was an hourly charge. So maybe they do rent by the hour? He and my nephew had a great time with it.

Yes, you can rent water mice at Downtown Disney but the area in which you can use them is rather limited, and they seem to be "throttled down" when compared to the ones you can rent at the resorts. You are limited to the waterway which runs behind the Pleasure Island clubs.

Our favorite place to rent these is at the Contemporary, but any of the Magic Kingdom resorts would be a good choice.

Hi Buffalo neighbor. No, I don't think you need to be a resort guest. You just need a driver's license. I think the cost to rent a sprite is $21 or $22 for a half an hour. I found some info on the sprites. You need to be 12 years old and 5' tall to drive one, so there goes that idea for me. Oh, and a golf cart can only be rented for the day. That was something like $43.

You could rent both at FW! The sprites can be taken through the canal all the way over to MK, CR, Poly, and GF. When we visited in October, we were able to rent a sprite for one hour for $32 and split the time between DS and myself. What a thrill speeding by MK and seeing the trainstation in a whole new way. It's one of my favorite memories from the October trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter