Fairy tales can come true, you got to make 'em happen... it all depends on you. (comments welcome!)

Your costumes are great! I love my son at his current age, but I secretly can't wait until he's old enough to be more independent and even do races with me. It looked like you had a great time. Sorry you got sick. :( Also, I love your Jeffing shirt!

I have so many questions...
I did too! She said she had a proof of time, so she'd start with her corral and finish before the last wave started, so she'd go again! She did say she never took two medals/snack boxes. I guess with no chip they'd have no way to know if you went twice, but it's something that had never occurred to me.
Great costumes :D
Thanks!

I did too! She said she had a proof of time, so she'd start with her corral and finish before the last wave started, so she'd go again! She did say she never took two medals/snack boxes. I guess with no chip they'd have no way to know if you went twice, but it's something that had never occurred to me.

Thanks!
I have not done this, but it did cross my mind last time I ran a 10K at WDW. I was in Corral A and when I finished there were still folks starting. Other than carrying around a medal, there's no way for the staff to know that you've already run vs running late. (I'm sure they would figure something out if people started abusing this).

My first question was why would someone do this, but then I remembered that there are lots of occasions that I run past a character meet before they're out, at least once or twice a race. Then if you add in any characters that are on break and I can sort of understand why might do this if they were really into the character ops.

Weekly Summary
May 6 - 12

Mon - plan: 2 miles @ 120/30 sec @ 16:20/20:00 paces
2.01 miles in 35:48
T+D 78 + 68 = 146

The first run of my summer speed plan! Had a little trouble getting my paces correct, plus adjusting for the warmer temps that are settling in here.

Tues - plan: rest

Wed - plan: 2 miles @ 120/30 sec @ 16:20/20:00 paces
upper body weights
2 miles in 35:34
T + D was 128 when I started, 138 when I finished

Still feeling out my new paces. Heading into summer and being bad at math, I have been dreading trying to figure out the T+D adjustments I need to make for each run. Luckily I married a computer geek who loves this sort of thing, so he made me a spreadsheet that will calculate the day’s paces for me. It even has a button to pull in the weather data for me, so I don’t have to look it up.

Skipped weights because I had an annoying cough that wouldn't quit. Probably allergies? But I don't want to be the guy coughing my head off in the gym.

Thurs - no notes for this day, I didn't have a run on the schedule... not sure what I did. Probably more coughing.

Fri - plan: leg day!
Headache. I was feeling so crummy I even missed the auroras. :( But my husband and son got up to see them!

Sat - plan: 2 miles @ 120/30 sec @ 16:20/20:00 paces
2 miles in 41:39
Still had a headache but I was not about to start skipping workouts during the first week of a new plan, so I slogged it out at a walk.

Sun - plan: 3 miles @ 120/30 sec @ 16:20/20:00 paces
3 miles in 59:40
Still headachy (these three day headaches can take a hike!)

Feels good to have a training plan back on the fridge! I am definitely more motivated to exercise when I have a solid plan in place and when I am going to be disappointing someone if I don’t follow it.

In related news: my Kung Fu teacher has been gone for a month. Lots of people have been meeting to work out and practice together but I haven’t managed to make it to a session yet.

Reading more about how exercise can affect cortisol levels for women as we head into menopause definitely has me rethinking how much I need to be doing each week. I think my running and weightlifting plans are solid, but I’m starting to feel like Kung Fu might be a bit too much. They’re great hard classes and I love the stretching and exercises we do, but it may be too much for me overall during the week. For now I’m giving myself permission to skip whenever I’m feeling like it. It’s tough because my entire family participates and I don’t want to miss out on that.

Wait… what if that’s why I get sick so often?! I shared an article over in the Next Level discussion about this topic, and it would explain why the rest of my family isn't catching every little thing that comes by, like I am lately.

IMG_0B512C213D92-1.jpeg

Character stop from a run during this week. Also the cicadas are SO LOUD. I wish I could post a video.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter