DVC vs AP benefits and discounts...

traceyg

Mouseketeer
I have been a DVC member since 2014 and use the discount for merchandise and restaurants when applicable. Infrequently I have purchased AP's for my family, so I am less familiar with the extended benefits beyond park entry.
When does being an AP have better benefits vs DVC? (experience, lounges, etc too)

I have been a DVC member since 2014 and use the discount for merchandise and restaurants when applicable. Infrequently I have purchased AP's for my family, so I am less familiar with the extended benefits beyond park entry.
When does being an AP have better benefits vs DVC? (experience, lounges, etc too)
You may want to specify which parks you’re thinking of… I feel like at WDW the discounts are roughly equal most of the time. At DLR, I’m told several times a trip (usually for merch) that my Inspire Key is a bigger discount.

Occasionally, APs get other small perks (special photo shoots, ride preview days, limited availability merchandise).

We’re APs/Magic Key holders and have found a decent number of benefits with our APs over the DVC benefits. Because I’m ridiculous, as soon as the AP magnet was revealed, I planned a lastish minute reservation over Father’s Day weekend to get our Stitch. Timing worked out so well - we’re obviously super thrilled that we’ll be there for three of the AP previews for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. DVC members were only given 2 preview opportunities. I consider that superior.

The highest Magic Key pass recently was also given the opportunity to purchase special event tickets earlier than other keys and the general public. Hoping that continues for Oogie Boogie, etc.

Other superior benefits for APs: free/discounted parking at the parks depending on coast/pass; Better dining discounts at DLR (pretty sure dining is the same at WDW); sometimes APs are given an increased merch discount (up to 30%).

We might stop by the AP lounge for VIP pass holder days at Epcot to check it out, but our family really enjoys the DVC lounges in Epcot and DL.

I’m sure that’s not an extensive list, but we certainly enjoy both our AP and DVC benefits. 🙂

For the most part they are the same…but they do special AP events..like now…that raise discounts..that don’t apply to DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter