DAS changes coming WDW May 20/ DL June 18, 2024

Just reporting back on our in between trip May 11th through May 16th. Registered on April 14th and was told DAS would end 30 days from registration on May 14th (not end of ticket/stay). This was correct. DAS dropped off My Disney Experience after May 14th even though we still had 1 day left on a 4 park 4 day ticket and 2 days left on our CB room reservation.

We had not planned on using the last day anyway. The ticket was the same price as a regular 3 day ticket so I bought it just in case we changed our minds. We normally only do 2 days so 3 days this trip was already a stretch. It was so hot this trip we struggled doing what we planned. We skipped a lot of planned attractions and took more long breaks. We did more shows. For example at AK we only did the bird show, Nemo, and Lion King. I planned on the safari but we were exhausted. DS28 did not have one meltdown! His only disappointment was not getting in the hot tub every day. His parents are getting old and can’t do parks all day and a hot tub at night too. 😂. I did mange it 1/3 days.

Just reporting back on our in between trip May 11th through May 16th. Registered on April 14th and was told DAS would end 30 days from registration on May 14th (not end of ticket/stay). This was correct. DAS dropped off My Disney Experience after May 14th even though we still had 1 day left on a 4 park 4 day ticket and 2 days left on our CB room reservation.

We had not planned on using the last day anyway. The ticket was the same price as a regular 3 day ticket so I bought it just in case we changed our minds. We normally only do 2 days so 3 days this trip was already a stretch. It was so hot this trip we struggled doing what we planned. We skipped a lot of planned attractions and took more long breaks. We did more shows. For example at AK we only did the bird show, Nemo, and Lion King. I planned on the safari but we were exhausted. DS28 did not have one meltdown! His only disappointment was not getting in the hot tub every day. His parents are getting old and can’t do parks all day and a hot tub at night too. 😂. I did mange it 1/3 days.
Same here DS23. He's outpacing us these days and we simply can't keep up anymore.

Thabkfully He's understanding and learned to roll with it .

He still cannot navigate the attractions by himslef unfortunately so we are looking into longer term options to support him successfully to continue to access his Disney days.

I agree with this, it became too rampant out on social media sites. Even “non-disney” people were aware of it.

In the past it extended to DAS holder’s family in their MDE. I’m not talking adding on more people a day over the stated limit.

I’m referring to fact that some trips covered under the DAS accommodation time limit could easily include DAS holder & different set of family members on a trip:

One parent & (other siblings/step-siblings in a blended family type),

Acting as guardians on the trip: Grandparent(s)/Adult siblings

In the past, it was easy to switch out who would be in the park with the DAS holder. I guess “too” easy by the looks of it.

Curious to see how this situation is actually going to be handled going forward
When I read the guidelines it said limit of 4 OR immediate family. Siblings are immediate family whether step or not and whether adult or not, grandparents are immediate family. So in your examples above, everyone would qualify as immediate family.

Wait...your das ended before the end of your trip? Yikes...is there a way to see the expiration? We are going the first week of June and registered the first day we could, but then wouldn't that mean our das would expire on the 1st day of our trip? Surely that can't be the intention. but it sounds like that'd what happened to you?

Hmmm...we were able to do preselects for our whole trip - will these just disappear?

When I read the guidelines it said limit of 4 OR immediate family. Siblings are immediate family whether step or not and whether adult or not, grandparents are immediate family. So in your examples above, everyone would qualify as immediate family.
I don't think anyone knows how Disney will define "immediate family" in terms of expanding beyond four people. They may or may not include grandparents. They may include only minor children. We don't know yet, but hopefully will get more information on May 20th.

One thing I still haven’t figured out, but maybe someone here has…

I (AP) currently have an active DAS that coincidentally expires May 19 (or 20 - I’m not entirely sure.) I’m loosely planning a day visit at WDW in mid-June. Can I make the call for mid-June while holding an active DAS? I had it in my head that I had to wait until my current 30 days expires - but I have no idea where I got that, as I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere. I was mostly waiting in hopes that increased staffing after the May 20 changeover would result in shorter hold times, but it sounds like people are getting through pretty quickly already now.
Any update? I just realized I’m in a similar boat where my das is still active but will die before my June trip.

Wait...your das ended before the end of your trip? Yikes...is there a way to see the expiration? We are going the first week of June and registered the first day we could, but then wouldn't that mean our das would expire on the 1st day of our trip? Surely that can't be the intention. but it sounds like that'd what happened to you?

Hmmm...we were able to do preselects for our whole trip - will these just disappear?
They were one of the first to register after the upcoming changes were announced. I would expect everyone has been told accurate expiration dates and that what happened was Disney changed how they were handling it shortly after that user registered…

Last edited:
When I read the guidelines it said limit of 4 OR immediate family.
Disney removed any wording related to "immediate family" fairly soon after the announcement of changes on April 9th. The current wording only mentions a "maximum party size... total of 4 people." I don't know that we can assume anything much about "immediate family" other than exceptions were made in the past for parent(s) plus multiple minor children. I do expect Disney will try to keep most parties to the limit of 4 with few exceptions. I won't speculate further as to how that may work; we hopefully we get some first hand reports next week.

They were one of the first to register after the upcoming changes were announced. I would expect everyone has been told accurate expiration dates and that what happened was Disney changed how they were handling it shortly after that user registered…
Hmmm...is there anyone we could contact to find out our expiration date? We really weren't paying attention as I would never think it would expire during our trip. We don't want to have to go through the whole process again 2 days into our trip.

Hmmm...is there anyone we could contact to find out our expiration date? We really weren't paying attention as I would never think it would expire during our trip. We don't want to have to go through the whole process again 2 days into our trip.
Disney's wording of "30 days from the start of the registration" was specific to those with trips occurring between April 9th and May 19th. It hasn't been specifically stated (on the website) for trips occurring after May 19th but registering under the "old" rules prior to that date -- however consensus has been that DAS is valid through the end of the ticket (for multi-day ticket holders) or 30 days from first park day (for APs). You could probably reconnect to chat and ask, but if you were able to book Advanced Selections for the duration of the trip I wouldn't worry about the DAS expiring early.

Disney's wording of "30 days from the start of the registration" was specific to those with trips occurring between April 9th and May 19th. It hasn't been specifically stated (on the website) for trips occurring after May 19th but registering under the "old" rules prior to that date -- however consensus has been that DAS is valid through the end of the ticket (for multi-day ticket holders) or 30 days from first park day (for APs). You could probably reconnect to chat and ask, but if you were able to book Advanced Selections for the duration of the trip I wouldn't worry about the DAS expiring early.
Thx...I just panicked a bit, but that makes sense.

Yes originally that was stated but the immediate family clause is now removed and it is just Das plus 3 others on Disney site.

The wording on the website specifies that the interim 30-day expiration is for *trips occurring before May 20th*.

100%, absolutely, yes. It’s not necessarily always just the closed space, crowds or stimulation, it’s the length of time and situation. I can distract myself and use self management techniques for about 20-30 minutes before agitation and panic starts to set in. The stretching room, for example, is difficult for me with the initial packing in but I’m aware of how long it will last and can distract myself with the “story”. There is absolutely no way I could do Disney without DAS or similar accommodation.
That was kind of my point. DAS does not seem to be a very good accommodation for you if you have to go through that dozens of times a trip. Not that Disney currently offers a better alternative (at least one I am aware of). . .

Any update? I just realized I’m in a similar boat where my das is still active but will die before my June trip.
Not yet - I was hoping to get a MK reservation for 6/14 to do the Tiana’s AP preview, but was shut out. Am still trying to decide whether to bother booking a different park to try for the 1pm drop - I don’t think there’s a chance I’d be called before needing to drive home, though. I’ll probably just let my DAS expire May 19 and hope for the best under the new program.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to freak anyone out. Yes, the 30 days from registration appears to be only for those whose trips were in between the changes. Not sure why they felt the need to change the process for those few people but we were one of them. I just posted to confirm the info I was given was indeed correct.

If we go again, it won’t be before May 2025 so plenty of times for the kinks to be worked out before then.

That was kind of my point. DAS does not seem to be a very good accommodation for you if you have to go through that dozens of times a trip. Not that Disney currently offers a better alternative (at least one I am aware of). . .

Ah I see. While I am sure many would like to avoid even pre-shows it is the best many with such a condition have. I am sure many would love a good alternative for such if there was one!

Ah I see. While I am sure many would like to avoid even pre-shows it is the best many with such a condition have. I am sure many would love a good alternative for such if there was one!
We made a trip in December 2020 when they had suspended many pre-shows to enforce social distancing, or had smaller, socially distanced groups in things like RotR. It was really helpful for DS. We were very cognizant of pre-show crowds on the past trip a couple of weeks ago, and we even timed our ILL$ for GotG to be earlier in the day because DD told us that the pre-show room could get pretty packed later on. We also were a party of 4, so we could make that "wall of family" to shield DS and make him more comfortable in a crowded area.

Just want to report that a friend from another forum posted this today:

"Just came to report I did my chat and got my new DAS set up. It’s valid June 14-July 14 so our July 4th weekend trip is also covered. CM didn’t mention anything about my current DAS that had started April 14 which I had calculated was valid through June 12. She also didn’t ask if I wanted to set up any pre selections for my trip June 14-16. Obviously no issue and obviously won’t be getting those anymore anyway. Which is absolutely fine. As long as I can do day of return times, that works for me."

You'll see in these comments alone many DAS holders will talk about even with DAS they are only able to ride a handful of rides a day and stay in the park for just a couple of hours.

This is no doubt a factor into why

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter