Airport Experiences in SoCal

I grew up in Redlands, and am U of R alum ‘80!
I am grateful every day for my education there.

Back then, ONT was basically a cow field.
That’s so awesome to hear! My husband graduated in 89 and loved it-was def hoping she’d go there. Their alumni sure are loyal.

How about this one
Local airport approx 30 min drive fly to lax
Or
2 hr drive to different local airport but fly to sna

Flights same price

Thanks

Have done it a lot as usually the price is a lot less but this time it’s just the California airport. Here a lot of stories about traffics and confusion at lax. Not sure I want to deal with that if it’s true?

Have done it a lot as usually the price is a lot less but this time it’s just the California airport. Here a lot of stories about traffics and confusion at lax. Not sure I want to deal with that if it’s true?
I feel like the longer drive to my home airport is more predictable and controllable than the dice-roll of LAX. SNA is so much easier to me, and I would rather put the extra time in to get to and from my home airport, rather than risk it while on my vacation! Honestly, you will spend at least one hour more going from LAX to DLR versus SNA, most days. The difference in your home commute is 90 minutes between the two departing airports. So the overall delta of time is only 30 minutes total. For me, it would be worth the extra 30 minutes to do the extra drive to my home airport and avoid LAX.

We flew into lax once and swore to never do it again. I was late booking tickets and the cost to fly into john wayne was a $200 difference each.

We just flew into john wayne last week and its such an easy airport to navigate and the rideshare area is great. Too bad the food options are kind of crappy and no duty free for us Canadians.

I just flew in and out of SNA last week, and it's extremely convenient to DLR. The advantage is most evident in the return. I left my hotel in Anaheim, stopped and got gas, returned the rental car and was in the terminal in 25 minutes. Check-in, security (TSA Precheck) and walk to my gate, which was literally in front of the security checkpoint, might have taken an additional 10 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter