You Get a Suite! You Get a Suite! Everybody Gets a Suite! December 2023 Trip Report! (Updated 6/8! x2!)

I can’t wait to hear about your stay at the boardwalk!! I am hoping DH and I can stay there a few nights next year for our 20th anniversary!!
I'm excited about this, I've never stayed on the Villa side before, although I imagine it'll be pretty similar to the hotel side, just a slightly longer walk to Epcot!
I think the Boardwalk was the right choice - a great resort with easy access to Epcot. I loved being able to walk right into Epcot - so easy! Although I know you’ll spend a lot of time at the food booths with your mom, there’s nothing wrong with getting a jump start!
Yeah, that was the big selling factor, being able to walk to Epcot is amazing. I can't wait to start trying the food at F&W, I hope they release the menus soon!

Day 6, Part 2: More Decorations, and the Skyliner!

We last left off heading to the YC to check out the decorations there!

We arrived at the YC and of course took tons of pictures!

I loved the train set, it was so cute, especially all the little nods to things around the YC and BC.

I also got a quick video of the train.

The gingerbread lighthouse was also pretty impressive, although I liked the carousel at the BC better.

Remember when this boat actually existed out in the lake?

After finishing up our pictures at the YC, we decided to do something special for my dad…ride the skyliner!

He really wanted to ride it, and since we had plenty of time, we figured we might as well!

We only took it to Riviera, where I wanted to get off and see the hotel since I’ve never been before!

We took a bunch of pictures around, swung by the bathrooms, then hopped back on the skyliner back to Epcot. On the way back I got the text that our room was ready! Wahoo!

Once we got back to Epcot we made our way to the side “secret” entrance to the BC, and made our way up to our room.

Next up: Our New Room!

Day 6, Part 3: Our New Room!

We last left off heading back to the BC to see our new room. We entered through the side entrance and made our way through all the winding halls until we finally got to our room.

The location of the room was pretty amazing, even though we weren’t on the club level floor. We were on the second floor, just a short hall from the elevators, and being on the second floor there was also the stairs directly to the lobby only a 30ish second walk away! You can see our room below, circled in red, just down that short hall from the elevators.

(yes, I drew in the stairs to the lobby! :rotfl2: )

We were in a one bedroom suite here, and I was pleasantly surprised that the room was nothing like the rooms I had seen online prior to the trip!

I also put together a video of the room:

The bedroom was massive, had a king bed and a sleeper sofa, then the living room had a murphy bed, and there was a solid door between the two! (The pictures online had a glass door between them). The only thing I didn’t like about the room was there were no tables in the living room, so at night even though there were plugs on the side of the murphy bed, there was no surface to actually put my phone! Oh, and the door in front of the fridge/beverage cooler was lattice, and for some reason the light in the fridge would not turn off, so it was like having a very bright nightlight on all night. I ended up putting my big suitecase up against it to block the light which worked out really well, but still such an odd design choice.

The room also had a MASSIVE balcony!

I feel like we got lucky with this, all the one-bedroom suites above us only had the Julliette balconies, so it was really nice having such a big one.

There was also a fake balcony, which was odd. Like this balcony had the better view, but there was no way to access it unless we crawled over the railings...

After we got settled into the room, we checked out our welcome gifts.

I liked that the BC included water bottles in their welcome gifts, none of the other CLs had done that.

We also tried calling bell services to have our bags brought up, but every time we called the line was busy. So after a few minutes of trying I decided to just run downstairs since it was literally less than a minute from the room. The CMs down there told us they’d be up in a minute with our bags, so back upstairs we went to wait for them.

Sure enough, within 5 minutes they were there with our bags!

Next up: New Future World! (Nope, never going to stop calling it that)

We only took it to Riviera, where I wanted to get off and see the hotel since I’ve never been before!
The Riviera is impressive. I don't think I'd like to stay there, though.
The bedroom was massive, had a king bed and a sleeper sofa, then the living room had a murphy bed, and there was a solid door between the two!
Your suite was huge. It looks like you had a handicapped room.
The room also had a MASSIVE balcony!
I love the balcony. You were really lucky with this room. :)

The Riviera is impressive. I don't think I'd like to stay there, though.
I agree, it's nice to visit, but not somewhere I'd want to stay.
Your suite was huge. It looks like you had a handicapped room.
Yeah, it was an accessible room, and that master bedroom was massive! So was the bath. The living room area was pretty tiny though, but for just one night it wasn't a big deal. Plus that balcony was amazing. We ended up spending a lot of time out there!
I love the balcony. You were really lucky with this room. :)
Right? At first I was a bit disappointed to be on the second floor, but when I saw that meant we got that massive balcony I was 100% ok with it! I could spend days out on that balcony, it was so nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter