Women's College Softball 2024

Whew...juggling all this NCAA softball along with a high school graduation and conditioning for summer ball. It was a great weekend! I was sad to see TN knocked out, but pretty pleased with the rest. While I know it's due mainly to the in-state rivalry, DD15 found something discussing the price of supers tickets and how the UT/A&M tickets were starting at over $250 each for game 3. Not that I want to pay those prices, but it's great to see demand increasing.
Women's College Softball is just going to continue to get bigger and bigger IMO.

Such a FUN Sport-the smaller field provides a much better spectator experience than the huge Baseball fields IMO.

The women that play are so talented.

Just sitting here waiting on Thursday!

Some softball rule changes coming.

A double first base.
1716919645695.png

All walls to be padded by 2027.
Balls to be standardized in compression.
Outfield wall dimensions for all new stadiums to be standardized. I'm rather against this one. The reason is a field where the prevailing winds blow in should be made smaller in the outfield than a field where the prevailing wind blows out.
Knob requirement on bats eliminated.
Time clocks to be installed.
One way electronic communication allowed.

Such a FUN Sport-the smaller field provides a much better spectator experience than the huge Baseball fields IMO.

Agreed! It’s a much faster game, which makes it more interesting to watch. You don’t realize how slow baseball is until you get into watching Fastpitch softball. At least the AUX season for Athletes Unlimited gets underway in June, so we won’t be without for too long after WCWS ends.

Some softball rule changes coming.

A double first base.
View attachment 863914

All walls to be padded by 2027.
Balls to be standardized in compression.
Outfield wall dimensions for all new stadiums to be standardized. I'm rather against this one. The reason is a field where the prevailing winds blow in should be made smaller in the outfield than a field where the prevailing wind blows out.
Knob requirement on bats eliminated.
Time clocks to be installed.
One way electronic communication allowed.

The love is for the safety bag at first and the padding. I know a lot of people have been begging for that change at 1B.

Odds from FanDuel.

• Oklahoma (-170)
  • Texas (+400)
  • Oklahoma State (+1200)
  • Florida (+1200)
  • UCLA (+1200)
  • Stanford (+1600)
  • Duke (+3000)
  • Alabama (+4000)

Looks like we are inevitably headed for a Sooners/Longhorns Final.

Likely a preview of next season's SEC Championship as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter