Reserving a cabana at Lookout Cay?

Lucien Franciosa

Earning My Ears
Has anyone had success at reserving a cabana (preferably adult) at Lookout Cay? I read one platinum member who said they were booked when his window opened up. My booking window is coming up so I was curious. I am assuming it's similar to Castaway Cay but it's always good to hear from those with experience.

It will probably wind up being just like CC, with Pearl and Concierge grabbing most if not all of them before anyone else even has a shot.

@ DynamicDisneyDuo. Probably... but I am still curious about actual experience. The window has passed for the early bookings. Mine is in September :)

Is there somewhere to view current cabana prices? My cruise is pretty far out but I'd love to try to a cabana dependent on price...

I wish you the best of luck with the waitlist, care to share what castaway level you are to help calibrate expectations?

If you say pearl, we all have to worry! LOL
They said they are in a 1BR, so they are concierge, which has booking precedence before Pearl. But it is a bit of a moot point because Pearl doesn't currently have a booking advantage anyway. Lately, the way Cabana reservations has worked is that DCL does not make cabanas available through the regular (non-concierge) booking system at the booking window opening dates. They allow concierge to book. If it sells out at concierge, they have a waitlist for concierge that they fill if anyone cancels. If cabanas remain available after concierge booking, they are held back and offered to concierge guests who book after the initial concierge booking window. If they still haven't sold out, they will be released into the standard booking system about a week before sailing.

Is there somewhere to view current cabana prices? My cruise is pretty far out but I'd love to try to a cabana dependent on price...
Adult-only Cabana: $523 for up to 4 guests; each additional guest is $56 for a maximum of 10 guests
Adult-only Grand Cabana: $963 for up to 10 guests; each additional guest is $56 for a maximum of 16 guests

Family Cabana: $963 for up to 6 guests; each additional guest is $56 for a maximum of 10 guests
Grand Family Cabanas: $1,375 for up to 10 guests; each additional guest is $56 for a maximum of 16 guests

. If it sells out at concierge, they have a waitlist for concierge that they fill if anyone cancels. If cabanas remain available after concierge booking, they are held back and offered to concierge guests who book after the initial concierge booking window. If they still haven't sold out, they will be released into the standard booking system about a week before sailing.

Thanks, I didn't know it was that convoluted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter