Questions for Northerners by Southerners or vice-versa in the USA?

As a Northerner who moved to the deep South, I can answer that. Everyone we met when we moved was gracious and kind. There was never any hostility at all. They went out of their way to help us, and to make us feel at home. One of my dearest friends is a native southerner, whom I keep in touch with even though I now live in N. Mn.

There was never any anti Catholic sentiments at all. However, there were very few Catholic churches. For example, there was one in our town, and some counties didn't have any! The main churches were, Church of Christ, Baptist, and Methodist in that order. Our next town from us didn't have a Catholic Church.

I think those ideas that you are asking about are outdated and not an issue, at least to us. We felt completely at home and accepted.
Yes, completely agree with this, and we only have one Catholic Church in a town of a couple hundred thousand. Also, one Catholic school that only goes through grade 8. Most of the Catholic kids move to the other religious private schools for highscool, and no one thinks anything about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter