Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Wishing all the Quackers well, both new and old. @Donald we have a lot in common. People here know my mom lived with us for 25 yrs and we took care of her through hospice at home, where she passed at 94. I agree, it was a privelege to do that for her. We had a give and take relationship forever. I was missing her yesterday. DD and I are nurses so that made it a little easier, I think, but physically and emotionally it was still really hard work. Bless you all.

Thank you so much for your kind and supportive words…! 🙂
She had a bit of a rough day today.
She has 4 children (2 boys with 2 girls in between), and her younger daughter has been a bit of a mess for years now. The other 3, including DWifey, continue leading full and productive lives, as they always have.
That daughter called MIL about 10 times today, and she didn’t answer any of them. She’s tired of the head games, but she’s also very sad that the situation with her younger daughter, obviously, isn’t going resolve before she passes.
When I checked on her (as I do often) at one point this morning, she was crying. I sat and talked with her for about an hour, before I needed to take DS to work, reassuring her that there are so many more that love and respect her, and suggesting to maybe concentrate more on that.
To be frank, it hasn’t always been all sunshine and puppies (although it has been mostly good) between her and I over the years.
Funny thing is, since I’ve been home full-time with her, our relationship has been nothin’ but puppies and sunshine…!!!!! 😅 (Sorry, had to throw in a little levity, as I’m gettin’ a bit misty.)

Anyway, thank you so much again for your kind words and support, and bless you all, as well…!!! 🙂

Keep cool Donald! I am a ready for summer weather here...maybe not 100 but you know :)

😅
Thanks…!!! 🙂
Fortunately, we’re used to triple digit temps during late spring/summer/early fall. Back in 2011 we had a record 90 days (not consecutive) of 100 degrees or above heat, and I think this past summer was about 75 total days of same…? 🤔
Our record high static air temp was 112 degrees, in both 2000 and 2011, with our “real feels” many days going up into the 120’s…yes, we may be a bit loopy-ish…!!!!! 🙃🤪🤣😉

Last edited:
I like a good summer day, but steady temps like that might just do me in!

It's raining here, supposed to be in the 50s all day. I plan to do some indoor chores and maybe curl up with a book and a cat.

I watched the twins after school yesterday, so it was nice to hear all their news. A bird built a nest outside one of their windows, so they showed me the babies - soooo cute!! And little miss and I put up some new decorations in her room.

Hug PollyannaMom and truly God Bless you and those precious kids. Thank you always for all the constant love you guve them.

Hug Donald and yikes. I do remember several years ago one day when it reached 120 here. I was working at church day camp. It was still in the 100s later that night. Not intending to complain ever. I pray to be grateful in all. I woukd rather not have that high a heat again!

Good Morning, Happy Thursday:grouphug:to all.

Good Friday Eve Everyone! :sunny:

Used my c-pap machine last night so I had a very good sleep, only wished I could have slept about 1 or 2 more hours.😴

Was able to get on another hair study for a P&G product. I did the last one back in the fall and my hair never looked better so I was excited to get on this one 🙂. Plus the payment for doing the study isn't bad either.😏

Met up with Evan, Bailey, and Mia for dinner last night. We went to Frisch's since they have a breakfast buffet on Wednesday nights. I thought Mia would like that since she loves breakfast food 🍳🥞. She's in a phase now that she cries (loudly) when Evan or Bailey leaves so last night was real fun when one of them got up to get their food. She did it when I got up too so I only left the table that one time. I bought her a kid's size watering can but then found out that Bailey doesn't do flowers 😒. I have some flowers left over so I thing I'll put a couple of them in some small pots and take them to their house. Hopefully someone helps her remember to water her flowers.🪴

Bailey took her to a little play place by their house a couple of weeks ago and she just played with the baby stroller most of the time. She's always trying to push her big stroller around so I found one for her at Meijer the other night. I gave that to her last night and she was having so much fun. Bailey just texted me and said as soon as Mia woke up this morning, she went right to the stroller. We had her little pig in it last night, apparently his turn was over b/c her cup got to go for a ride this morning. She just cracks me up.☺️

Got home in time to watch Survivor. Next week is the finale. Okay with who went home but another idol not used 🤔. Last night was the finale for The Amazing Race. Wasn't happy with the winners and I could tell they were going to win so I didn't even watch to the end 😠. The team I was hoping to win made a huge mistake when asking for directions and that basically knocked them out.😖

Going to attempt to make stuffed peppers on Sunday 🫑. Usually when I make this, I chop up the peppers and put them in the mix but I'll try to stuff them this time. Hopefully they turn out good so I can take some up to my aunt. I haven't been up to visit in months. I just haven't been cooking so I don't think to stop up. I feel really bad so I'm going to make an effort to get up there Sunday.:hyper2:

That's about it, back to work. Have a great day! :wave:

Good morning. I wanted to get out in the garden before it got too warm. It's sunny and 72, going to 80. Rain moving in tonight. I have 24 tomato plants in the ground. Fertilized, staked, tied, and watered. I'm giving my back a break before I go out to plant the summer squash, zucchini and cukes. I don't care for cukes, but I love watching them grow, lol. I just give them to my neighbor in exchange for something else in their garden.

I watched Survivor last night and I'm very happy with who went home. Am I mistaken or has everyone in the jury gone home with either an idol or advantage in their pockets? @footballmouse.

Calling for rain the next 4 days, so I guess I'll try and get the seeds in the ground. The rain will help them germinate and once the sun comes back out, they'll sprout.

Have a good Thursday

1715871554620.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter