Fantasmic Thread!

Every time I am swamped at work is when Disney updates Fantasmic dinning packages! HA! I'll update the first page!

For anyone wondering about the no refunds- in October 2022 we did the hungry bear package and Fantasmic was cancelled and every avenue we explored Disney denied a refund. It was probably one of the only times I was incredibly frustrated with them. They did say we could use our vouchers on a doffferent night, but we didn't have another night. I still have them and might try my luck on a night other than opening night.

Just in case anyone didn't notice this on the info page --

Performances can be cancelled without notice due to technical, weather or other issues. No refunds or exchanges will be issued for either the Standard or Premium Package, even if the show is cancelled.

Also, for the packages that include viewing in another location--

You must cancel at least 2 hours prior to your reservation to avoid a per-person cancellation fee. If you fail to cancel by then or are a no-show, the credit card provided at the time of making your reservation will be charged $10 per person.

And for River Belle Premium, where you stay at your table to watch the show--

You must cancel at least one day prior to your reservation to avoid a per-person cancellation fee. If you fail to cancel by then or are a no-show, the credit card provided at the time of making your reservation will be charged $10 per person.

I haven't done the math on this as far as the regular meal price vs. the package, but I'd be tempted to get as late a reservation as possible due to this policy, even if it meant cancelling last minute for the $10 fee if need be, in order to avoid a "no refund" due to a weather-related show cancellation.

It's funny that they list the prices as "from $30 per person." Only if you're 9 or younger :ssst:
Thanks for sharing this info. I understand the show could always have a technical issue, but weather at least over the summer is not really a concern since it doesn't really rain and wind usually doesn't cancel Fantasmic. I can see how it would be more of an issue during the winter rainy season.

FYI - For anyone with Disney Visa, I wanted to note that River Belle is included in the list of restaurants receiving a 10% discount, but Rancho del Zocalo IS NOT. This means the per person price of the adult package is $49.50 at River Belle with the 10% discount vs. $35 undiscounted at Rancho.

From my expirence Fantasmic will run in a light/moderate rain. It's lightning g that really impacts it. They can't put the projection towers up in lightening. I had a very detailed convo with a cast member during .... lightning.

So since they changed the way the reservations work, did they hold back almost all of the reservations in anticipation of this change? We were advised by someone at Disney to make a regular River Belle brunch reservation for May 24th since that was how it worked previously and it's the last day of my relatives' trip, and I assume many many others did the same since there were none available. But I guess they just held back as many reservations as there would be vouchers in anticipation of the change? It seems odd, and it's frustrating to see that it's just yet another moment where they saw an opening to upcharge people even more.

So since they changed the way the reservations work, did they hold back almost all of the reservations in anticipation of this change? We were advised by someone at Disney to make a regular River Belle brunch reservation for May 24th since that was how it worked previously and it's the last day of my relatives' trip, and I assume many many others did the same since there were none available. But I guess they just held back as many reservations as there would be vouchers in anticipation of the change? It seems odd, and it's frustrating to see that it's just yet another moment where they saw an opening to upcharge people even more.

It appears that they changed it yeah since they have dedicated Fantasmic/River Belle Terrace packages available for reservation now. The Fantasmic Dining package website used to say to book a regular reservation at River Belle, and "ask your server" to add the package, but that appears to be gone now

Sorry dumb question

But all three of dinning you go eat, and then go and see the show in an area in front of the rivers right?

Someone on Redditt was saying a River Belle you could eat and watch the show at the same time

Sorry dumb question

But all three of dinning you go eat, and then go and see the show in an area in front of the rivers right?

Someone on Redditt was saying a River Belle you could eat and watch the show at the same time
The River Belle Premium package you eat and watch the show from the restaurant (from your table). There's only 1 time, 7:15 PM

It appears that they changed it yeah since they have dedicated Fantasmic/River Belle Terrace packages available for reservation now. The Fantasmic Dining package website used to say to book a regular reservation at River Belle, and "ask your server" to add the package, but that appears to be gone now
I'm very curious how many of the packages they're offering since they were presumably totally full on May 24th with regular reservations! But maybe they only posted as many as they don't need to have the right number of vouchers. I'm assuming all the May 24th ones went ridiculously fast since I was on the booking page within 10 minutes of the first post about it.

FYI - For anyone with Disney Visa, I wanted to note that River Belle is included in the list of restaurants receiving a 10% discount, but Rancho del Zocalo IS NOT. This means the per person price of the adult package is $49.50 at River Belle with the 10% discount vs. $35 undiscounted at Rancho.
So way way way in the past they would tell you that it couldn't be applied to the Fantasmic package.

Yeah the standard River Belle Terrace package you eat at the restaurant and then they give you a voucher to return to the reserved seating area, similar to how Blue Bayou and the To Go options work.
Perfect

Thank you and maybe if anyone knows....can you go for Premium eat and come back to your table or do you have to stay at the table the entire time?

This is what I have tested/observed with the regular BB and BB Fantasmic package reservations;

1. The available times for a regular BB reservation and the BB Fantasmic package are identical on any given day.
2. Once a time is booked for either one, that time disappears from the other.
3. If you cancel a time for one or the other, that time becomes immediately available for both the BB regular dining and the BB Fantasmic package.

I tested it on a date 60 days out where I could book a dummy BB reservation. Then I watched that time disappear for the BB Fantasmic package. Then I cancelled my BB reservation and that time immediately became available again for both the BB regular dining and the BB Fantasmic package.

So I had a regular BB dining reservation for 6/1 and really wanted to keep the time but change to the Fantasmic package but no times are available. After I did my “test” on a July date, I opened the Fantasmic booking page on my computer for my date, and it showed no openings. Then I cancelled my regular BB dining reservation in the app, and IMMEDIATELY refreshed the BB Fantasmic dining package reservation page on my computer. My time came up instantly as available for the BB Fantasmic package, and I booked it for the BB Fantasmic Package. YAY!!! I hope this works for you, but I would definitely test it on a future date to be sure before you cancel your existing reservation to try for this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter