Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Great job on this! I just finished a week here dealing with Genie+ every day and this hits all the points!

A couple things to add:

- I found that the app would let you make a new Genie+ reservation after the first touch point. Did not have to wait for the 2nd touch point.

- The tip board displays the next available time, but you are actually given a one hour window starting at that time. And you are actually allowed to show up 5 minutes earlier and 15 minutes late from that window. So if I see a return time of 2pm on the tip board, that is really good from 1:55pm to 3:15pm. In addition
- If a ride goes down and you hold a Genie plus LL for it you will automatically be given a pass to use on any ride in the park (except paid LL rides). This pass is good from the time your Genie+ reservation was supposed to be until park close. This happened to us one night at Magic Kingdom. By 4pm we had gone on most of the things we wanted so I made a Barnstormer reservation just for the sake of having something. The ride went down and we were able to use it on Thunder Mountain instead. Even if you think you are done, make any reservation even if you don’t plan to ride the attraction. If it goes down it could be useful.

- I definitely agree that the stacking strategy works best at Hollywood Studios, while the “Use and Get a New One” strategy works very well at Magic Kingdom. Other than Peter Pan and Jungle Cruise, the return times for the other rides do not get too much further out than 1 hour from booking time. In that one hour, you can ride what you just tapped into, then ride something with a low wait, get a snack and then it’s time for your next LL. Tap in and repeat the process.
So much great information here, thanks! You give me hope that I will eventually figure all of this out and understand it :) I know I will revisit this thread many times before our November trip!

There are 4 people in our party, DH, 2 DGS, and me. Was wondering if say at MK, my husband and 1 grandson want to ride Space Mountain but my other grandson and I would rather ride Buzz, is it possible to use Genie+ for 2 of us and use it for another ride for the other 2? Or are we allowed only 1 Genie+ at a time? Thanks!

There are 4 people in our party, DH, 2 DGS, and me. Was wondering if say at MK, my husband and 1 grandson want to ride Space Mountain but my other grandson and I would rather ride Buzz, is it possible to use Genie+ for 2 of us and use it for another ride for the other 2? Or are we allowed only 1 Genie+ at a time? Thanks!
You can break into groups but it might be challenging to get the times to line up as you are only offered the next available time.

If you are issued a bonus LL due to a ride closure, I've read that you can then book another LL in addition to your bonus one. To be eligible to book another LL immediately, does it matter whether or not the booked LL that converted to the bonus one was your most recently booked ride?

If you are issued a bonus LL due to a ride closure, I've read that you can then book another LL in addition to your bonus one. To be eligible to book another LL immediately, does it matter whether or not the booked LL that converted to the bonus one was your most recently booked ride?
Yes it does matter. You would only be able to book another ride if the 'bonus LL' was your most recently booked ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter