DVC Split Stay?

Toddlers will be toddlers! Lol. Nice assortment of resorts.

Thanks, this is our first time back at BCV on points. We stayed there our first ever WDW trip with cash.

This will also be our first CCV and RIV stays. We just purchased direct RIV a few weeks ago, being locked out with our Poly resale contract was irritating so I was determined to buy direct the second time. Now we own an EPCOT and MK contract so it works out well.

If we can help it, we need at least 3 nights in a resort before moving.

We’ve done a string of split stays and love pairing MK and EP resorts. Our next trip is 6 nights and we decided to stay put.

It was a tough choice!

Moving takes a chunk of our time. It might be different if you travel very light, but my family really settles into a room. Having to dismantle everything, move it and set it all back up… and I’ve found best to do in morning. It’s the least complicted. At night is a pain because we still need some of that stuff in the morning. Now we plan a slow morning on moving day, and try to work it as a good rest point in the trip. Last split stay we had a very late park night and slept in before moving.

But next trip will be shorter. We’re staying 6 nights at VGF because it doesn’t seem enough time to fully enjoy holiday offerings at 2 resorts.

Agreed! It's 3 nights for me as well before switching. That's my preference anywhere we travel to. The one exception is if it's the last leg of the trip, I'm okay doing 2 nights then go home. Okay I lied...one more exception - Planning to do the CCV cabins next year and I have enough points to do 3 nights, but should I save it and do 2 nights instead?🤔 I know what y'all will say though! LOL!

We have done a few trips and really like starting out at Contemporary and moving to Beach Club after our MK days. Walking to MK and then being able to enjoy Epcot, boats to Studios and the Bay Lake area while walking home at the end of the day has become very valued by us.
THIS! :thumbsup2 We have 2 resorts too and one of them is BLT. we got them for the exact reasons, split stay. It will be split stay pretty much every trip from now on.

We’ve done a string of split stays and love pairing MK and EP resorts. Our next trip is 6 nights and we decided to stay put.

It was a tough choice!

Moving takes a chunk of our time. It might be different if you travel very light, but my family really settles into a room. Having to dismantle everything, move it and set it all back up… and I’ve found best to do in morning. It’s the least complicted. At night is a pain because we still need some of that stuff in the morning. Now we plan a slow morning on moving day, and try to work it as a good rest point in the trip. Last split stay we had a very late park night and slept in before moving.

But next trip will be shorter. We’re staying 6 nights at VGF because it doesn’t seem enough time to fully enjoy holiday offerings at 2 resorts.
The moving is the only downside for me. I am a very organized person, some would say it's OCD! Everything has a place and there's a place for everything! But my girls are in HS and college now so they are easy to relocate and help with the process. We normally start by EPCOT/HS and then move to BLT for the 2nd half of our trip. We absolutely love being able to walk to/from the Parks.

Planning to do the CCV cabins next year and I have enough points to do 3 nights, but should I save it and do 2 nights instead?🤔 I know what y'all will say though! LOL!
Yeah that a tough one!

On one hand the cabins are high points/nt. Getting 2 full days is better at capturing the experience though.

We’re taking our first Italy trip and stuck with that 3 night rule, even though less destinations now fit within our 12 days. The deciding factor was one full day was just not enough to get the full effect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter