Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Headed to Poly for the first time ever end of May. Can you walk to Magic Kingdom, or are boats/monorail the options? If so, which is better for rope drop/post fireworks?

Any other first timer tips? Much appreciated! So excited! 🌴🌴
The wait can be longer with a double stroller during holidays. If you fold the stroller you can probably get on the monorail in about 30 mins (took us 45 mins and we left 5 mins before fireworks were over). Standing uphill is exhausting. Once onboard it is nice to have AC and it’s pretty quick.

We are staying at the Poly for the first time in July. If we want to get to early entry at MK, how long should we plan to wait for the monorail?

I don't think it will affect discounts on standard cash resort rooms. PVB's conversion of half the cash longhouses cut the high discounts on those rooms since there are now less in inventory. Same with Wilderness Lodge cash rooms after the CCV DVC conversion. Grand Floridian still has a decent amount of cash inventory highly discounted which is why some think another outer building could be converted to DVC.

I bet the "two-bedroom penthouse villa" of the Island Tower is excluded from all discounts like expensive DVC options such as grand villas, bungalows, and cabins. The duo studios through regular two-bedroom villas will probably be heavily discounted in the early stages (like RIV) to sell the cash inventory. Once all the units are all declared into the PVB condo association and points are sold I bet the discounts mostly dry up and only select rooms are available due to breakage at a moderate discount.

Man if they do another crazy Disney Visa discount for this the way they did for Riviera when it opened I might just stay in that "boring un Disney" tower lol. I'm still salty I couldn't get off work to take advantage of that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter