Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

IMG_0855.png

IMG_0854.png

Our MDW trip at BWI was blown up when ds26 called Monday from work to say he got this weekend off and wanted to come to Disney with us. It’s 6 days away….. canceled BWI. Need space for 4 adults since it was dh,dd and I going. The 3 of us have AP’s and dh expires this weekend.

How the heck did I catch a cancel? BLT 2 bedroom villa TPV with AP discount 35% off! Ok that works😊

Here are my old pix if anyone hasn’t seen these from years ago/old thread here I copied.

TPV are columns 16-30. I have had 20 and 30. I do not have a preference, views are great!

Last edited:
IMG_3624.jpegIMG_3571.jpegIMG_3570.jpegIMG_3569.jpegIMG_3568.jpegIMG_3567.jpegIMG_3566.jpegIMG_3561.jpegIMG_3564.jpegIMG_3560.jpeg

We only had 2 nights but moving from BWI to a 2 bedroom once we had 4 adults made for a nice family get away. I post in several area so not sure you know back story… it was just dh and I then dd29 said I have an AP and points to fly can I come. Asked ds26 for months to come. Literally last Monday he called from work, “I got off next weekend ,I can come!”.

4 adults in a room doesn’t work for us. I tell ya we go MDW almost every year. It was HOT this year. Having 3 full bathrooms was really nice for mornings, midday heat cooldown showers and evening as well.

We had 8122 and wow this view was nice. I have had pretty much every TPV category at WDW.

Outer building suite TPV , TPV, RPC TPV at GF.

Poly TPV Hawaii and Tonga Poly

WL 7th floor Woods view/TPV

CR TPV and Atrium CL TPV and Tower CL TPV

This room had the best view. It’s hard to tell from pics but when I looked straight out it was Main Street buildings, From CR that would be to the right. Dd leaves the curtains open all night and the beds from the 2nd bedroom faced the castle. Even DS enjoyed that. 🥰

I made sure to watch HEA from the living area Saturday night with sound from TV! I popped out of the balconies to just soak in the background sounds of the boat horns, bussed etc. I could see EWP pretty good , the MK and Poly versions.

Sunday evening I booked TOT, TSMM and SDD all stacked. We were in and out pretty quick which was good with the heat. Since the bus from HS stops to WL then CR , dh and dd got off there and had a drink and cheese plate at the Artist point bar.DS and I went to the room. I took a cold shower, then reheated the leftovers and ds and I had a meal of all the leftovers we had in the fridge. I sat with a wine and watched the sun set over the Seven Seas Lagoon. Loved just having time to relax. Then dd and I did our “let’s run to MK for one more SM!”

❤️Gosh she was a young girl, a teen, a college girl and now married daughter and I tell you running through the park to get to SM while the fireworks go off? That’s OUR THING. ❤️

The villas both 1 and 2 bedrooms are really a nice option some trips. We just really needed to save time, we had so little!

Here’s some random pix and some views.

The villas both 1 and 2 bedrooms are really a nice option some trips. We just really needed to save time, we had so little!

Here’s some random pix and some views.

Room is 11th floor TPV. Amazing as ever!
The pictures of your 2 Br villa were a nice update of BLT. You managed to cover so many areas of the resort in a short amount of time. I knew it was a quick trip because I missed multiple pics of wine from the balcony.

Dave

The pictures of your 2 Br villa were a nice update of BLT. You managed to cover so many areas of the resort in a short amount of time. I knew it was a quick trip because I missed multiple pics of wine from the balcony.

Dave
Omg 🤪🍷it was too hot to be on the balcony!

It was too hot even to drink ! 95-97 was mighty warm!

Next time I’ll get better wine pix!

Thx Dave

Omg 🤪🍷it was too hot to be on the balcony!
Yes the only downside of a west facing TPV balcony view of MK. It takes a really long time for that concrete to give up a day of stored sunshine.

You may have to make seasonal adjustments and try @GADisneyDad14 's often referenced drink by trying a MYO Lupa Lupa with a large bag of ICE on the side!

Dave

Oh the pools! There is food at both but it took a while to prepare. Lots of drinks off menu available so ask they may be able to make it,

CR main pool was cool and refreshing. The fountains around the hot tub are back and I always loved the look of those. They were missing in pix for a bit I was afraid they took them out.

No problem getting seating but generally seating with shade is tricky at wdw pools.

BLT pool was small and too warm. After 20 mins I called it quits and just took a shower at the CR pool area. There is only one in the bath area but it has a room for changing and a curtain for the shower section, The shampoo , cond and body wash is on the wall just like in the rooms. Don’t forget to bring towels from the pool, unlike GF they are not stocked in the bath area.

I forgot to look but I dont think there was a blow dryer.

So for us walking to CR on a very hot day was worth it.

Also the stop to WL to eat worked for part of our party because the bus stopped there anyways and the boat runs in the evening WL/cr so they got back to hotel pretty easy.

Busses to HS and akl were all good. We never waited more than 15 either direction.

Outer rim is a good spot arrival,or departure day to have a drink and soak in the ambiance of wdw and mono etc. You can mobile order food from CC and eat it in the lounge OR take drinks to CC just tell then to put in plastic.

Yes the only downside of a west facing TPV balcony view of MK. It takes a really long time for that concrete to give up a day of stored sunshine.

Ya I have learned to shut the curtains before heading out in the morning it really helps. Also BLT thermostat does go down to 65. The master has that large tub with sliding doors to bed area. I opened the doors and it felt like it got cooler so I did that before bed and room cooled down quick.
Messed up and the response is from me lol not Dave lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter