DIS Shareholders and Stock Info ONLY

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...r-many-americans-it-s-now-youtube/ar-BB1mmmvi

What’s on TV? For Many Americans, It’s Now YouTube
People spent nearly 10% of their TV-viewing time watching the service, home to videos by creators like MrBeast

By Sarah Krouse and David Marcelis
May 14, 2024 - 5:30 am EDT

Nearly 10% of the time Americans spent in front of TV screens last month was on YouTube’s flagship smart-TV app, Nielsen data show, a sign of continued transformation of the platform. Once a repository of amateur videos, the service owned by Alphabet’s Google has grown into a streaming behemoth with full-length films, highly produced series, sports highlights and live events.

Today, 150 million people in the U.S.—more than 40% of the population—watch YouTube on connected-TV screens each month, a spokeswoman for the platform said. It has benefited from new features that let viewers shop or chat with one another while watching big events, like a livestream of last month’s Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.

Unlike traditional media companies, which have to pay hefty sums upfront for programming that they hope will bring in larger amounts of subscription and advertising revenue, YouTube incentivizes the creation of content by sharing 55% of revenue from ads that run in creators’ long-form content, and 45% of revenue from ads on their short-form videos.

https://deadline.com/2024/05/bob-iger-disney-upfront-1235915873/

Bob Iger Returns To Upfront Stage For First Time Since 1994 With Pitchman Praise For Disney’s “Creative Excellence” & Jimmy Kimmel’s Roast To Follow
By Dominic Patten - Executive Editor, Legal, Labor & Politics
May 14, 2024 - 1:43pm PDT

“I am deeply optimistic about our company, and in a world that is so in need of entertainment is a true privilege,” said Disney boss Bob Iger today in a rare appearance on stage at the start of Disney’s upfront presentation in New York City.

As he noted from the get-go, this is the first time Iger has been in front of advertisers and other clients on an upfront stage since he ran ABC back in the early days of Bill Clinton’s presidency.

The upfront won’t be Iger’s only stint on stage this week. The CEO will be speaking at MoffettNathanson Media and Communications Summit and participating in a Q&A.

Do we need to bury every comment and/or conversation in this thread under copy/pasted articles? For an article, can we just post a headline, a short excerpt and a link? Just my 2 cents.
Thought it was just me. Couldn’t agree more! Especially hate having to scroll so much when it’s an article I’m not interested in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter