Animal Kingdom Refurbishment 2025

Wanted to follow up my earlier response to this thread. Whatever inventory had been taken out for the dates I was seeing in January have been returned. I'm no longer seeing the large drop in early January that was there before.
Is this for Kidani and Jambo? I’m not sure if they’re on the same schedule.

I’d add that I hope the refurb keeps the sleeper chair (updating it, of course). That’s a great addition for 1B and up for another sleeping surface.

I also agree Lion King theming is lovely, so I hope they don’t depart too much from the existing theming.

Wanted to follow up my earlier response to this thread. Whatever inventory had been taken out for the dates I was seeing in January have been returned. I'm no longer seeing the large drop in early January that was there before.
I appreciate you providing this update. Are you able to share... does the inventory look pretty typical all the way through the calendar at this point?

I really hope the refurb get started sooner than later! I'm anxiously waiting for news when it actually starts...

I'll be there in a couple of weeks, but I think I'll hold off staying at AKV again until refurbishments are completed.

DVC has not mentioned yet how the refurb will be done. In the past, Jambo went first and then Kidani. Moreover, there is no mention as to whether they will do a refurb where only part of one floor is done at a time as in the past, or, instead, adopt the new "Boardwalk" disaster of a refurb, where they attempt to do all floors for half of the building at one time -- that's the Boardwalk refurb that was supposed to be finished by March 1, 2024, but is still going on and still resulting with a number of members finding out they are being moved to Yacht Club, and for a substantial period of time for reservations in the fall 2023 and beginning of 2024, any rooms not scheduled for refurbed were being booked full right at 11-months out.

What has happened is that it appears that the outside refurbed at Kidani has already been done. That started with the redo of the pool two years ago, continuing thereafter to numerous parts of the building, and finally the redoing of the entire roof.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter